Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's been awhile...

I've been wanting to get back into blogging for awhile now. I've decided to start fresh and with a whole new blog. This blog will be about my life as a mommy to two girls and my life as a teacher to 18 preschoolers.

Here's a little update with what's been going on the last year!

Madelyn
Madelyn will be 4 in a month and a half. I can't even believe that I've been a mommy for almost 4 years already. She is so smart and sometimes I think she's too smart for her own good. She's like a little adult and I can have full out conversations with her and some of the things she says just blow me away. She is sweet, kind and is one of the funniest people I have ever known. She makes me laugh every day. As sweet as she is there are also days I'd love to ship her off to boarding school in Europe. :) She is 4 going on 14. Her attitude sometimes gets her in trouble. She's been going to preschool since August and is loving every minute of it. She has made quite a few friends and really enjoys learning.

Elise
Elise was born on January 4, 2011. She is just over 4 months old now. She has the cutest freaking cheeks and I just want to kiss them all day long. She is a very laid back baby and is pretty "go with the flow." When she smiles I just melt. I love watching her discover new things except for when she decides to discover her hands at 3:00 in the morning and squeals and giggles instead of sleeping. We can't really complain about sleep though since she's been sleeping through the night for 2 months now with only the occasional wake up to eat. We are very, very blessed to have such great girls.

Craig
Craig went back to school a year ago on top of working almost 50 hours a week. He is amazing. He works so hard to provide for our family and is the greatest husband. As much as he wanted a boy when I was pregnant with Elise he is an AMAZING dad to girls. They both have him wrapped around their little fingers already.

Me
I've been working as a preschool teacher at Head Start for over a year and a half now. I love it! It definitely has it's challenging moments and I've been hit, kicked, scratched, cussed at and yelled at all by 3-5 year olds. As hard as those moments are I get even more hugs, laughs, compliments and joy. I have 10 kids who will be heading to Kindergarten this year and my last day with them is going to be hard. There is one boy that I am particularly attached to as I've seen how far he has come in the last year. The hitting, kicking, scratching, etc all came from him last year. This year he runs in and hugs me right away and asked for me every day of my maternity leave. That is why I'm a teacher. :)

Here are a few pictures of the girls!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

IMG_3832

I'm hoping I can keep up with the blog more this time. Hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. love the update!! can't wait to reconnect with all the "old blogging gang" ;) glad to see you're back to it and the blog looks great! (your girls are adorable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Great to hear things are going well with you! Your girls are absolutely adorable!! It's hard to believe our little girls are gonna be 4 already! I'm so glad we're all getting back into blogging again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are adorable! Glad you updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so, so cute! Our big kids are getting SO BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog but it looks like we have a lot of blogging buddies in common! These girls have great taste so I thought I'd come take a peek. OMG, your daughters are the sweetest and most adorable little girls! If you'd like an invite to my blog, just let me know your email address :)

    ReplyDelete