Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

That is the only way to describe the last week. Memorial weekend we had Elise's baptism back in my home town. It as a great day and she looked adorable! I completely suck though and didn't get a single picture. She did great through the baptism and every time the Pastor would look towards her she would give a huge smile and giggle and she had the whole church smiling and laughing. It was the cutest thing ever. We had a little lunch at my parents' house after and enjoyed some delicious pulled pork that Craig made and some yummy cake. Elise got a ton of dresses from my aunts and she will be set for the rest of the summer.

We also switched her to her convertible car seat last week. At 17lbs at only 5 months old she was getting too heavy for me to carry in the infant seat. It wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't live on the 2nd floor of our apartment building. She is LOVING her new big girl seat and she can see Madelyn even better and all I hear is Elise squealing just from Madelyn looking at her. It's adorable.

We've been having some issues with her reflux and had to put a call in to the pedi today after a really bad day yesterday. She was on 1mL of Zantac twice a day and it hasn't been doing much. She pretty much screamed all day yesterday and didn't want to eat. Her pedi wants us to up her Zantac to 3 times a day and put her on soy formula. I'm really hoping this helps with the spitting up. She spit up on my arm the other day and I could just feel the acid. I can't imagine what that feels like in her tummy and her throat. She spits up no less than 10 times a day usually. We'll be starting the soy formula tomorrow.

Madelyn is doing well and continues to crack me up every day. We went to the pool for the first time the other day and she loved it. I was so proud of her. She loves her puddle jumper and did a great job jumping in by herself. She even went underwater which she was terrified of doing last year! She also learned how to pump her legs on the swing and is so proud of herself.

We are gearing up for another camping trip this weekend and hoping the weather is better this time. As of right now it's supposed to rain Thursday when we go out but the rest of the week is supposed to be nice. My parents are bringing the jet ski but I think the water will still be too cold for me to want to ride. I'm a weenie when it comes to cold water. I'm sure Madelyn will go for a swim though.

Work has been crazy too. We've started to lose some of our kids who are going to Kindergarten this fall so my class size is slowly decreasing. It's kind of nice to have the break of a small class but I'm sad to see my preschoolers go. We have just over a month left before we're closed for a month break. I have a whole list of things I want to get done in that time.

Here are some new pictures. This was from the day Elise turned 5 months old!
IMG_4083

IMG_4077

IMG_4075

IMG_4069

IMG_4088

IMG_4098
This one cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment